Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Items of Notes

1. The British Cox is a very tasty eating apple
2. 'Don't walk on the grass' seems to be a universally understood and obeyed rule despite a)there being no signs to indicate the rule, b) the blank inviting-ness of the grass, and c) the quality of the lawns (generally low, certainly not meriting avoidance).
3. The woman in the pew in front of me on Sunday conveyed to me during the service that I did not sound Canadian. What does this unusual remark mean?
4. Today I tried out several new things; my umbrella, my raincoat, and the bus. All were found to be satisfactory.
5. It is ill advised to eat salt covered nachos, followed by salty flavour-packaged noodles, followed by rich, calorie enhanced, triple-layer Madeira walnut cake.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee! I think you sound Vitruvian!
tuna

Also, is it possible to get this British Cox apple in north america?

October 12, 2005  
Blogger miss machismo said...

I don't know, I have never seen it in regular grocery stores.

October 12, 2005  
Blogger bento said...

What happened after the ill-advised item number 5? I am consumed with catlike curiousity.

October 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah dear, you've forgetten the Canadian language rules already! I shall refresh your memory:
1. Use the phrase "EH" as much as possible
2. Use the word "hoser" as much as possible
3. Discuss hockey and its various merits as much as possible
4. Don't talk like an American
Sarah, you must really try harder to sound more Canadian next Sunday! Tsk tsk.

October 15, 2005  
Blogger miss machismo said...

Heeheee!

October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home