Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Living on the Edge

I have been having a bad week. However, one of the curious things about this bad week is that I don't know that it is bad, until someone asks me, "How are you?" in an e-mail or in the Place of Learning. At this moment I discover that I am not okay and in fact, might cry. This is unexpected. So if it happens in a Real Person encounter I quickly change the subject or think of something funny to say. Immediately the moment is past, I feel fine again. All this strangeness has caused in me a general feeling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde-ishness. I might be insane. I can't tell. I might go completely round the bend if someone asks the wrong question. It is very unsettling. So. In case I become a Loony, these are the possible reasons.
1. The kitchen. I think I am allergic to it now. Since February 8thish I have loathed it. Since Monday symptoms have developed. It gives me the shakes.
2. My house-mates. Generally nice people, but frequently inconsiderate. The niceness makes this hard to address.
3. My brain. This seems to have stopped functioning. This brings me to
4. The Thesis. No work is getting done on it. None. None at all. Which is causing
5. Anxiety. Lots and lots of anxiety.

I am taking the traditional medication for this ailment; sugar. Chocolate, cakes, sweet etc. I feel, and I am sure medical authorities everywhere would agree, that a sufficient intake of full-cream custard will make any tendencies to dangerous insanity much too sluggish to manifest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the same doctors would recommend this treatment for stabbing pain in the head as a result of anxiety...

March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come it shows March 1st when I am still very much living in February 28, 2006...ah...oh wait...it is set for Scotland time...!

March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home